Good Exercises For Your Miniature Pinscher
The Miniature Pinscher is a German breed. It is often called the “King Of The Toys”. This breed was developed from the short-haired German Pinscher and the Dachshund or Italian Greyhound. This dog was used as a barnyard ratter controlling the rodent population in the stables. It looks like a mini Doberman Pinscher (but is not related to it and, in fact, is an older breed) most likely because both the Miniature Pinscher and the Doberman both were developed from the German Pinscher.
- small, compact, sturdy, muscular dog
- front legs are straight, small feet are cat-like in shape
- short, smooth, hard coat; coat colors include black with rust markings, chocolate with tan red, stag red (red with black hairs)
- a hardy dog who is proud, fearless and self-confident
- loyal, spirited and alert, with high energy
- intelligent, alert and lively
- wary around strangers, sometimes aggressive with other dogs and can be provoked into aggressive behavior
- moderate to moderate-high energy level
Suggested Exercise Plan
This is a lively and smart dog, it is best to challenge them mentally as well as give their legs a stretch. A brisk walk every day at a minimum plus a 20 – 30 minutes chasing game several times a week.