Our Suggestions Of Flooring Options For Your Dog’s Kennel
you’ve selected a kennel for your dog, it’s time to choose a type of kennel flooring. Or perhaps you are in the planning process of building your own kennel. In any case, choosing the right flooring is important. You want the best flooring possible. High-quality options will offer you many benefits. For example, good kennel should be:
- Comfortable for your dog
- Safe for your dog
- Easy to clean
Which Material to Choose
you begin to look online, you will notice that there are many materials used for kennel flooring materials for sale. Each option that is available has unique benefits, so picking one you like can be pretty easy. However, you want to make sure you explore all of your options before you buy! We did some searching since there are so many types of kennel flooring material. Some popular materials include:
- Rubber – Rubber is comfortable for your dog and easy to clean. This makes it a great choice if you want something simple. It’s typically inexpensive, too.
- Plastic – Plastic offers many of the same benefits as rubber. Hard plastic may be waterproof, which can prevent accidents from damaging the kennel flooring.
- Polypropylene – Polypropylene is a combination plastic and fiber. It’s resistant to high temperatures and easy to clean. It’s ideal for outdoor kennels but may be used for indoor kennels, too
- Wood – Treated wood provides a sturdy kennel flooring for your dog. It’s most commonly used for outdoor dog kennels. This type of flooring needs a dog-safe waterproof seal or treatment. Otherwise, it is absorbent and can become easily damaged.
- Stone – Stone kennel flooring is another type that is popular for outdoor kennels. Round pebbles provide a smooth surface that is fairly comfortable, and natural stone tiles are also a popular option. In most cases, stone flooring can be easily cleaned.
These Durable Materials Are Ideal For Your Dog’s Kennel
that we’ve covered some of your options, it’s time to get down to the specifics. With hundreds of different brands and styles out there, you may feel overwhelmed when making a decision about kennel flooring. After doing our research, we found five of the best kennel flooring types. Below you will find descriptions of each type, what benefits they offer, and much more. If you need help picking out kennel floor covering, read on to get the information that you need.
Rubber Cal Elephant Bark Floor Mat
– This floor mat is ideal for outdoor kennel flooring. The product is sturdy yet soft, so it provides just the right amount of comfort for your dog. With almost 100 positive reviews on Amazon, this kennel flooring really stood out to it. The design is definitely simple, but it’s very cost effective and versatile. So, what sets this floor mat apart from other options?
What We Like About Rubber Cal Elephant Bark Floor Mat:
- The material is UV resistant, so it may reduce the amount of heat in your dog’s outdoor kennel.
- The material is water resistant, and this makes it ideal for cleaning up doggie accidents, water bowl spills, and so on.
- The only material needed for installation is double sided adhesive tape – no tools, no glue, no messes. It doesn’t get much simpler than that!
- You can choose from six different colors, which allows you to add a little stylish flair to your dog’s kennel.
- The material is made from recycled rubber, so it’s extremely environmentally friendly.
We took some time reading through reviews to see what others like about this product, too. Dog owners and other buyers mention that this flooring is sturdy and easy to clean. That makes it pretty ideal for dog kennel flooring – no frustrating or messy cleanup! One dog owner highlighted the fact that it is slip-resistant for dogs, so it may be ideal for puppies and older dogs. In any case, it’s clear that this kennel flooring option has a lot to offer.
Tough as Diamonds
Diamond Plate Rubber Flooring Rolls
– These rubber flooring rolls are made from incredibly sturdy material. They’re designed for use in places like utility garages as well as dog kennels. If you’ve got a large dog or one that tends to tear things up, this is a good choice for you. This is yet another product that’s got outstanding reviews from dog owners and others. Below you’ll find the specific reasons we choose this kennel flooring for our list.
What We Like About Diamond Plate Rubber Flooring Rolls:
- The textured material of this rubber flooring reduces slipping and skidding. If you’ve got multiple dogs in one kennel, this can be a great choice for playful pups.
- You can purchase this kennel flooring in eight different lengths. That means you’re less likely to overspend on excess flooring. Money saving options on a high-quality product are certainly something we enjoy.
- Like the floor mentioned above, this type is incredibly easy to install. Just purchase some double-sided adhesive to get the job done quickly. No messy chemicals or long waits for products to dry.
- The synthetic rubber material can be wiped down or hosed off easily. You don’t have to worry about complicated cleanup or doggie accidents absorbing into the material.
So, what do others have to say about Diamond Plate Rubber Flooring Rolls? One user mentioned how soft and pliable it is, even though it still offers great sturdiness. Another dog owner mentioned that it is a perfect fit for their doggy playpen. Some people mentioned a strong rubber smell that’s not so pleasant, but they also said the smell dissipates within a few days. It clears up even faster with a quick cleaning. This is a simple and cost-effective option that you should definitely consider for your dog’s outdoor kennel flooring.
Beautiful Wood Look and Durability
The Kennel Deck is a palette style kennel flooring that provides a mixture of style and practical benefits. It’s crafted from polypropylene, the water-resistant material that we mention in the beginning of this article. There’s lots of kennel crate flooring in this similar style to choose from, so we want to tell you what makes this particular item so special.
What We Like About Kennel Deck:
- The raised design of this kennel flooring allows air flow, which can keep your dog cool and comfortable in warmer temperatures.
- Like the other flooring types mentioned above, this one features a non-slip texture. However, the herringbone design is a bit more stylish and fits the unique look of this flooring.
- The kennel is ‘insect proof and bacteria proof’. This means it doesn’t provide an environment where insects can live and reproduce. It’s also resistant to mold and bacteria growth, so you can feel good about your pup’s health.
- The material used to create this kennel flooring is weather resistant. This means that it won’t fade in the sun or be damaged in extreme hot or cold weather.
- The raised design also keeps your pets from being exposed to dirt and grass. This not only keeps them clean, it may keep them away from fleas, ticks, and other pests that are found outdoors.
Overall, dog owners are pretty pleased with the Kennel Deck kennel flooring. One reviewer mentions that it’s very simple to put together, so you don’t have to worry about frustrating work. Others enjoy how sturdy this material is and that it stays cool during hot weather. Lastly, one kennel owner raves that this material is easy to clean – that’s certainly an added plus! This is a stylish and practical choice that can keep your furry friend comfortable and safe outdoors.
Great For All Applications
If you want something that’s 100% suited for outdoor kennels, IncStores Outdoor Patio Interlocking Rugged Grip-Loc Tiles is perfect for you. These tiles are easily put together to create customized outdoor kennel flooring. You can pick from five different colors, and you can buy the squares in packs of four, nine, sixteen, and twenty-five. This tile seems pretty simple, but there are many reasons it stood out to us!
What We Like About IncStores Outdoor Patio Interlocking Rugged Grip-Loc Tiles:
- This flooring comes with a ten-year warranty. You can feel confident that you’ll get your money’s worth. And if damage or deterioration occurs, you can use the warranty to resolve the issue. Make sure to check the manufacturer’s warranty details before ordering.
- These interlocking tiles are resistant to mold and mildew. This is great for two reasons. First, it makes it a great fit for outdoor kennel flooring; you don’t have to worry about rain or humidity ruining the flooring. This also prevents your pup from being exposed to mold and mildew, which can be unpleasant or harmful.
- EVA, the material used to make these tiles, is resistant to UV rays and chemicals. This means it may be less likely to fade in direct sunlight or during cleaning.
- These outdoor kennel flooring tiles are vented, so water can flow through them with ease. This means any spills or accidents will not damage your flooring, and cleanup is pretty simple.
Lots of users like how easy these tiles are to use; the interlocking style makes it simple for them to set up. One user mentioned how easy the material is to trim (if needed), so you can customize it to fit your dog’s outdoor kennel. Despite being tough and durable, it is soft enough to cut if you wish to.This versatile and sturdy flooring is an overall great pick that offers a lot of value.
Strong And Easy To Clean
-Another outdoor kennel flooring that features interlocking grid pieces. While they are very sturdy, they offer a smooth surface that your pup will be comfortable on. The sheets are easy to cut, so you can make them fit into your dog’s kennel with ease. So, what else makes these simple but beneficial kennel flooring tiles stand out to us?
What We Like About Dog Flooring:
- The material can be power washed if needed. This makes it incredibly easy to clean up stubborn messes without damaging your dog’s kennel flooring.
- The material used for this flooring is polypropylene; we mentioned above that this is resistant to high temperatures. You don’t have to worry about it becoming damaged during sunny, hot days.
- Due to the design of the flooring, it cannot absorb water, urine, or other liquids. If an accident or spill happens, you can simply spray it away or wipe it up. Nice and simple!
- The material used is also resistant to bacteria. This creates a potentially healthier environment for your dog and makes it a perfect fit for use in outdoor dog kennels.
What do other dog owners and users of this product have to say about it? One buyer calls it “exceptionally durable”and has been using the tiles for years. Another mentions how easy it is to put these tiles together, so you don’t have to get frustrated when designing your dog’s outdoor kennel flooring. We think this is a simple, sturdy option that provides many benefits to dog owners like you.
Some Last Thoughts On Kennel Flooring For Dogs
As you can see, you’ve got lots of high-quality kennel flooring options to consider. The options listed above:
- Are ideal for indoor or outdoor use, so your kennel flooring needs are met no matter what.
- You can easily clean all of these flooring types with or without chemical cleaners. A simple spray down with the hose or power washer gets these flooring options perfectly clean.
- Despite their sturdiness, each option we’ve listed is comfortable enough for your dog to relax on. You can feel confident that your pup is enjoying his special, customized kennel.
We definitely feel that these options offer everything that a dog owner could ever want! Make sure to check out the product descriptions and reviews before you order. All of these options are unique in their own ways, so it’s important to pick the one that truly fits your needs. However, with this list of five top-notch choices, you will surely find something that’s right for you and your furry friend!